What is Home and contents insurance in Australia

  • Home
  • Blogs
  • What is Home and contents insurance in Australia
What is home and contents insurance in Australia

Home and Contents Insurance is a kind of home insurance it covers loss and damages. This Insurance combines building-only and contents-only insurance. It covers a range of insured events, such as fire, storms, and lightning, theft, or attempted theft.

It offers homeowners to repair or replace damaged property and the contents inside that property. Your home and belongings are some of your most precious investments, so it makes sense to protect them. Home and contents insurance covers the cost of replacing or repairing your home and your belongings if something goes wrong.

Plus, it provides liability cover which can protect you if you’re found liable to pay compensation to someone because you’ve accidentally injured them or damaged their property during the period of insurance.

If you want to know home and contents insurance quote, then you can contact us.

What are the different covers offered under Home & Contents Insurance?

Following are the covers that you can choose from:

1) Listed Events

  • Smoke or Fire (including bushfires and grass fires)
  • Theft or burglary
  • Storm & cyclone, rainwater or run off (not including flood which subject to eligibility may be available under the optional Flood cover)
  • Lightning
  • Water or other liquid damage
  • Impact damage
  • Earthquake or tsunami
  • Accidentally breakage of glass or ceramic items
  • Vandalism or malicious damage
  • Explosion
  • Riots or civil commotion

2) Accidental Damage

  • The insured/listed events
  • If you’ve insured your buildings, cover for any accidental damage or loss to them.
  • If you’ve insured your contents, cover for any accidental damage or loss to any content items at the insured address
  • Motor burnout cover will be automatically included in some policies

3) Optional Covers

A few insurers may include the below optional covers as an additional benefit

  • Flood – It Covers you for loss or damage to your home and contents caused by flood and certain flood-related events. Flood cover may not be available in some areas Optional.
  • Motor Burnout – It Covers you if electrical current damage your domestic household electrical motors, such as your fridge, freezer or washing machine, up to 10 years old. 
  • Portable Contents – Covers loss or damage to your portable items (such as wallets, glasses, jewellery, cameras and mobile phones6) caused by theft or an accident Australia-wide or anywhere in the world when you’re temporarily outside Australia for up to 120 days.

Why choose Sureinsure for Home and Contents Insurance in Australia?

We are committed to finding the best home and contents insurance policy for our customers, with cover that is tailored to their specific needs. We have over 20 years of experience in the industry, and we are proud to be one of Australia’s leading insurance brokers. Sureinsure only offers cover from the most reputable insurance companies, and we believe in providing an easy and convenient service to ensure that our customers are 100% satisfied with their insurance. So if you’re looking for a quality home or contents policy, why not get a quote with Sureinsure?

Get a Free Comparison Today!

At Sureinsure, we believe in informed decision-making. That’s why we are offering a free comparison to ensure you get the right coverage without any pressure or hassle – so that you can make the best choice for your insurance needs-be it business, personal or family insurance needs!